Positions are available for the following roles:
- Baggage Check
- Course Marshals*
- Field Set-up
- Finish Line
- History Tent
- Traffic Control
- Post Race Party
- Race Day Registration
- Fun Run Registration
- Step and Repeat
- Volunteer Check In
- Water Stations
- Field Clean-up
*Course Marshals must be age 18 or over
NOTE: Volunteer positions are filled on a first come, first serve basis so if you have a preference for job duties be sure to reserve your spot soon! If your area of choice is already staffed we will place you in a role where your contribution is needed most.
- Pre-Registration: Friday, Saturday or Sunday - Sign up new runners and distribute bibs and T-shirts to pre-registered participants or enter new registrant info on a shared spreadsheet (basic Excel skills and a laptop are required).
- Awards: Check in no later than 7:00am - Set up table with awards display. Distribute awards to top finishers in all events.
- Baggage Check: Check in no later than 6:30am - Tag and store runners' personal items in clear plastic bags to ensure gear security during the events.
- 10K Course Marshals*, Cycle Escort Marshals*: Check in no later than 7:00am - Attend mandatory group meeting at 7:30am to review instructions and safety. 10K event starts at 8:15am.
- 5K Course Marshals*: Check in no later than 9:15am. Attend mandatory group meeting at 9:45am to review instructions and safety. NOTE: If you plan to run the 10K before assuming your 5K volunteer position you MUST check in at the volunteer between 7:00-9:15 am to receive your marshal assignment and you MUST attend the 9:45 am group meeting. 5K event starts at 10:15am.
- Mile Event Marshals*: Check in no later than 10:30am. Attend mandatory group meeting at 10:45am to review instructions and safety. Mile event starts at 11:15am.
- Fun Run Event Marshals*: Check in no later than 10:30am. Attend mandatory group meeting at 10:45am to review instructions and safety. Fun run event starts at 12:00pm.
* NOTE: Course marshals must be age 18 or over unless accompanied by a parent.
- Field Set-up: Heavy lifting required (load and unload trucks, move tables, set
up tents and water tables, hang signs, lift boxes, and perform other field functions). You may sign up for either or both set-up teams.
- TEAM "A" Sunday (pre-race) 12:30pm-1:30pm.
- TEAM "B" Monday (race day) 6:00am to 8:00am.
- Finish Line: Check in no later than 6:30am. Help to set up the finish line banners pre-race and manage the crowds as they cross the finish line post race. Shifts available through noon.
- History Tent: Check in no later than 7:15am. The display gets set-up at 7:30am and is carefully boxed up at noon.
- Parking/Traffic Control: Check in no later than 6:30am.
- Post Race Party (for volunteers and their families): Plan and order catered lunch and set-up buffet immediately following all races (12:00pm-1:00pm). Solicit prize donations for Volunteer Raffle. Help to say thank-you to all the organizers of this terrific day.
- Refreshments (for registered runners): Check in no later than 7:30am. Set-up food and beverages and keep it coming all morning long. Replenish snacks, keep the lines moving, and clean up post event.
- Race Day Registration and "Help Desk": Check in no later than
6:30am. Distribute bibs to pre-registered runners and assist in resolving registration problems.
- Fun Run Registration: Check in no later than 7:00am. Register children for a fun, non-scored one-mile event.
- Step and Repeat: Check in no later than 7:00am. Say cheese! Take photos of race finishers against a backdrop to capture smiles of victory. Fun props will be available for the runners to create their perfect race day memory.
- Volunteer Check In: Report to the volunteer tent no later than 6:00am. Check in volunteers and distribute volunteer T-shirts.
- Water Stations: Check in at 7:00am. If the water station volunteer is part of a community organization, one individual may check in representing the entire group providing all signed waivers have been previously received or delivered to the volunteer tent on race day. Hand out cups of water to active runners on the course. Tables, cups, hoses, gloves, and garbage cans/bags will be provided. You will get wet!
- Field Clean-up: 12:00pm-1:00pm. When everyone has cleared the field, equipment gets picked up, garbage gets collected, and tables and chairs are stacked. Some heavy lifting if able to do so! There is an appropriate job for everyone and ALL volunteers are expected to participate in the cleanup effort. Rubber gloves will be provided!